In 1996 Gary Kompothecras, D.C., “Dr.Gary,” opened Physicians Group, a revolutionary multi-disciplinary medical clinic with the purpose of helping people injured in an auto accident. His priority was to form a core team of medical professionals from across multiple disciplines that would address all the needs of his patients and expedite their recovery after an auto accident injury. To appropriately treat medical conditions like knee pain, neck pain and shoulder pain after a car wreck, the professional staff staff in each medical clinic expanded to include:
- Medical Doctors (MD’s)
- Osteopathic Doctors (DO’s)
- Doctors of Chiropractic, (DC’s)
- Nurse Practitioners (APRN’s)
- Physicians Assistants (PA’s)
- Chiropractic Assistants (CA’s)
- Medical Assistants (MA’s)
Embracing a multi-disciplinary approach to treating patients after a car wreck in Florida or a collision in Minnesota and the staff expansion allowed the services by Physicians Group to be modified to include the following specialties:
- Chiropractic Care
- Physical Therapy
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Neurosurgery or Spine Surgery
- Interventional Physiatry
The goal for our auto accident injury medical specialists is to always identify and address the root cause of a condition like ongoing headaches or the potential cause for a future reoccurrence of a medical condition like neck pain after a car wreck. Low risk intervention is always preferred, because it always provides a better quality of life for our patients.
Future technological innovation was to follow. The addition of advanced medical equipment meant that the medical professionals at the Physicians Group practice now had the ability to diagnose injuries that were not discoverable by known methods of examination. The patients benefited from this multi-disciplinary approach in that they no longer had to settle with a diagnosis that was of little to no help in rehabilitation or to a Florida personal injury attorney or a Minnesota auto accident injury attorney. The combined experience of Medical Doctors, Osteopathic Physicians including Orthopedic Surgeons, Neurosurgeons, along with Chiropractors, give the practice the ability to consistently deliver the highest quality care and provide documentation regarding the severity of injuries to personal injury representation.
Over time Dr. Gary was able to refine the practice into an efficient and cost-effective way of treating auto accident victims. Cost controls and efficiency are important because a large percentage of patients are without health insurance of any kind other than the moneys available thru auto accident insurance benefits afforded under their automobile insurance policy. The cost of treatment after an auto accident in which another driver was responsibleis often problematic because the medical injuries experienced in a FL or MN car wreck can include:
- Back Injuries: The spinal cord and the muscles surrounding it are prone to injury in a car accident.
- Injuries to the Extremities: Injury to the extremities, particularly the legs and feet, occur quite often in auto accidents. Expected injuries can include:
- Injuries to the Neck: In addition to the expected neck pain and whiplash, the victim of an auto accident can suffer spinal injuries or fractures to the vertebrae in the victim’s neck from impact.
This low-cost multi-disciplinary approach was a first, never before did the victims of accidents have real access to the level of care and results that top quality clinicians and diagnostic tools could deliver after an accident.
For Dr.Gary, the patients that have entrusted their medical care to Physicians Group are and always have been the priority. His commitment to delivering high-quality cutting-edge care resulted in his practice becoming the first of its type to become accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations, now simply known as the Joint Commission. This accreditation is the gold standard for excellence within the entire healthcare industry, including large hospitals.
Its proven track record of providing top-notch medical care to patients injured in Minnesota or Florida auto accidentsand other types of accidents, all while still receiving patient referrals from the 1-800 ASK GARY medical referral service allowed Physicians Group to grow quickly. The medical service provider now has 22 medical offices located in Florida and 5 in Minnesota.
Floridians, please remember that the new statute in Florida now requires that you must seek care within 14 days, or you could lose your Personal Injury Protection (PIP) No Fault Benefits.
Physicians Group also supports the following organizations:
- The Fight For a Cancer Cure with the Roskamp Institute of Sarasota, Better Science/Real Discovery
- Center for Hope Cancer Patient Support
- The Fight to Stop Autism / Generation Rescue: Dr.Gary, a parent of two autistic children, is a national advocate for safe vaccine policies
- United Negro College Fund
- Shriner’s International
- Ringling College of Art and Design
- Special Olympics
- Hope Kids Community
- The Foundation for Families of Fallen Officers and First Responders
- Habitat for Humanity
- Sarasota High School Boosters
- Conservation Foundation of Gulf Coast
- University of Tampa Chiselers
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters
- Chabad Lubavitch of Sarasota & Manatee Counties
- Sunrise Community
- Riverview High School
- Hillsborough Educational Foundation
- New Bethel Church Youth Ministry
- Toys for Tots
- Sarasota Military Academy
- Don’t Text and Drive
- Back to School Supplies Drive
- Get Out and Vote Drives
- Community Toy Drive
- Blessings In a Backtrack
- Heart of Fire Gala